Golf in the Garden Route
The Garden Route is fast becoming the golfing Mecca of South Africa with 14 of the most spectacular golf courses, some of which are world class. Big name designers like Ernie Els and Jack Nicklaus feature prominently in the design of these golf courses. These championship Golf Courses include:
- Pezula Championship Golf Course and Club - With five tees to every hole, the widely acclaimed Pezula Championship Course is accessible to players of all abilities.
- Simola Golf and Country Estate - Designed by the Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus, to challenge and inspire.
- Knysna Golf Club - A friendly and relaxing club with a course along the Knysna estuary overlooking the Heads.
- Plettenberg Bay Country Club - Proclaimed as a nature reserve and built to USGA specifications.
- Goose Valley Golf Estate - Designed by the legendary Gary Player, the course borders the Keurbooms lagoon.
- Fancourt - The original Garden Route golf destination has four courses, two of which are open to the public. Designed by Gary Player.
- George Golf Club - Still a favourite among locals and visitors.
- Oubaai - Oubaai is proud to be the first Ernie Els signature golf course in SA
- Pinnacle Point Golf Course - This 18 hole championship golf course was designed by well-known South African golf course architect Peter Matkovich